Thursday, January 22, 2015

Chocolate Goey Bars





Sounds cliche, but I do think chocolate deserves it's own food group.  Chocolate candy, cakes, pies, cookies and even hot cocoa are my favorite comfort foods.  It's a given that you'll find an assortment of chocolate candies throughout my house in small seasonal dishes.  I've found over the years it curbs our appetite and that we never truly over indulge in sweets because they are also close at hand.  Sounds crazy, but it works for us.

Tonight I'm finally getting one of our favorite desserts on my blog and site for Chocolate Goey Bars.

This cake like cookie bar is super sweet and calorie overload...but sometimes it's just worth it!  I usually make these bars with a Butter Recipe cake mix, but decided due to my chocoholic nature that I would make it with a Devil's Food Chocolate cake mix instead.  Whatever cake mix you decide to use makes no difference as it will always turns out good.

You'll see below my daughter helping me prepare these bars. It's cow show season at our house and we always make sure we have an assortment of homemade sweets to feed our FFA Show team while at the Fort Worth Jr. Livestock Show.  This wonderful dessert won't last long and I just hope there's enough left for my oldest two daughters when they get there tomorrow!
 

 
 
Audrey is really learning how to bake!
 
The cake will fall slightly once the top crust begins to brown and that is a good thing!
 
 
Click here for the recipe for Chocolate Goey Bars.
 
 
 
Best of luck to all our kids from Texas showing in Cowtown!  It's the culmination of many hours hard work preparing their market and show animals for this annual competition. 
 
Enjoy your week and remember that this show is about more than ribbons and banners! Meet new friends, thank your Agriculture Advisors and parents for their help and above all make memories to last a lifetime!
 
I think this is my favorite picture of Audrey showing ever.  It's from her first year at the Fort Worth Stock Show at our National Hereford Show...I can just imagine the judge 'trying' to place her Hereford heifer and not just crack a smile.
 
 
Alise - The Ranch Kitchen
 
 
e

1 comment:

Kay Brasher said...

Love the picture, and love your blog. And the awesome recipe! Thanks!