Monday, May 5, 2014

The Ranch Kitchen's Ultimate Fire Crackers




I love my spice rack!  I may use too much garlic salt, too much Tony Chachere's and usually too much lemon pepper, but cooking and making things in excess seems to be my specialty.  I love to make things in a pinch or hurry that turn out well or so said my friends. The Fire Crackers I'm sharing on my blog today was just one such recipe!

My newest quick recipe are these The Ranch Kitchen's Ultimate Fire Crackers that were over the top good and a HUGE hit at my recent snack table we put together for our teachers and staff for our recent state test.  I modified this 'fire cracker' recipe from one I had fixed a few years back to include some spices that I thought would give it the extra punch it needed.  The extra garlic salt and especially the Salad Supreme Seasoning gave it the salty crunch that I think made these the hit they were.  You can adjust the red pepper flakes to your heat index, as you may not like things as spicy or hot as we do! 

With all that said, these are slightly addicting, way bit spicy and definitely something I'll make in huge batches now for home parties, camping, traveling on the show road this summer and for potlucks as an appetizer. 


The Ranch Kitchen's Ultimate Fire Crackers

1 box of saltine crackers (4 sleeves)
1 cup Canola, grape seed or vegetable oil
1 package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes

Mix with a whisk your dry spice ingredients in a small bowl.  Add oil to this and mix well with a whisk.  Break open 4 packages of saltine crackers and place in a gallon size Ziploc bag all at one time.  Pour oil and spice mixture over the saltine crackers a little at a time. Reseal package and gently shake and move crackers around in the Ziploc baggie to move oil/spice mixture around.  Add remaining oil/spice mixture to saltine crackers, seal baggie and mix. 

I served these immediately in a large bowl. However, you can allow these to sit for 30 minutes and air dry on a cookie sheet then spoon back in to a new/clean Ziploc bag or plastic container with a top that seals tightly. 

These will feed approximately 20 people IF they don't devour more than ten crackers at a sitting!

This is the spice Salad Supreme Seasoning that I think gave these crackers the extra crunch!

These would be great packaged up in snack sized Ziploc baggies for people to grab at functions as well or to use as a snack at work or in school lunches. 

Enjoy!

No comments: