Sunday, November 16, 2014

Audrey's Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Icing




It's cold in Texas!  This southern girl is not ready for winter!  But, we have a fire in the fireplace for the third time this week and are all cozy and warm.  

My youngest daughter wanted to bake this afternoon, so after a quick trip to the local Walmart we are sugared up from her latest creation of Audrey's Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Icing.  

Audrey even placed and took the photos of these cupcakes for this post.  She was excited I'd be posting about them this afternoon.  

It warms my heart that she is starting to care about cooking and enjoys baking just like her sisters and I.  Baking treats for my younger brothers was how I started cooking.



Click here for Audrey's Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Icing.  


The addition of chocolate chips coated in a few tablespoons of flour made these chocolate cupcakes really decadent.  The flour allows the semi sweet chocolate chips to not clump at the bottom of each cupcake and 'float' sticking to the cupcake batter as they bake.  



The Creamy Peanut Butter Icing tasted just like the center of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup a favorite candy of mine and was delicious alone.  

I always think back to my Granny telling me one time to not just sit and eat cake icing.  I looked at her and said I would never do that...but I knew since she was diabetic that must have done a time or two by her!  She looked pretty guilty after that discussion and I figured out just what she had done!   

One side note is so to allow your icing to chill in your refrigerator some before icing your cooled cupcakes.  We used a Wilton Cakes icing decorating tip to get the effect you see on the cupcakes in the pictures.  These cupcakes should be refrigerated also with the cream cheese icing and not left out for more than a half hour. 

After taking the pictures Audrey was too cute when she said, "Mom...we should have sprinkled crumbled Oreo Cookies on top of these cupcakes!"  Too cute!  We hopefully have a future blogger on our hands and maybe one day she will take over this site! 

Hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as we have this afternoon.  Her daddy had two and is usually is not a big sweet eater.  



Thanks Audrey for the cupcakes!  Her big sister Bethany will thank her as well!  She has a surprise in store as they are coming to Aggieland this afternoon with her roommate Colin who came home for the weekend!  Enjoy Bethany, Colin and Carly!

Alise - The Ranch Kitchen




No comments: