Sunday, June 8, 2014

My first official 'Share A Recipe" off my theranchkitchen.com new site for Craig's UnKabobs



Logged on my new sister site www.theranchkitchen.com and what did I find??  My first official submission for my 'Share A Recipe' tab off my new site!  I was so excited that I made it the first chance I had and it was amazing!  We really enjoyed it with our fresh squash from our garden! 

Below you'll find the recipe and the above picture is one I took as one was not submitted with it!  I hope you'll stop by and create an account on my site and share your families tried and true recipes with my site! We can all benefit from it just like my family did the other night! Craig's UnKabobs were the perfect meal on our Friday night and I know you or your family would enjoy them as well!   

Thanks Craig, whoever you are for taking the time to register on my site and share a recipe with The Ranch Kitchen and me!  It's a wonderful recipe that will now be something I make for my family or for a crowd like you advised!  He says he combined these flavors for Kabob flavor without all the work. But you'll notice I put mine on skewers and kabob'ed them as I had some help from my youngest cook who wanted them on sticks as she called them.  Either way is good and I think I like Craig's idea the very best! And I actually used the beer I had on hand that was a Bud Light with Lime...I thought the lime would be a good fit in the marinade!  Thanks again Craig! And anyone that submits a recipe could be featured not only on my site but on my blog as well!  Hint, hint Kim....Laura....Cindy....Bethany...and Ilissa....

Craig's UnKabobs

1 lb. sirloin steak, cut in 2 inch cubes
1 lb. smoked sausage (we use Hillshire Farms), cut into 1 inch slices
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can beer (can use broth if you prefer
3 medium bell peppers (I use a mix of yellow, orange, red)
1 large onion, cut in chunks
8 ounce container of baby Bella mushroom, halved
1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced in 1/2 inch slices
16 ounce jar of honey teriyaki marinade

Allow 2-12 hours to marinate steak and chicken for best flavor.

In a large, heavy duty zip-top bag, add the cubed steak and steakhouse marinade. Add about 1/2 can of beer to marinade bottle to "get all the good", shake gently and add to zip-top bag with steak.

In a 2nd large, heavy duty zip-top bog, add the cubed chicken and honey teriyaki marinade. Add remaining beer to marinade bottle, shake gently and add to zip-top bag with chicken.

Bring griddle to med/high temperature on grill. Add a little olive oil and stir fry a combo of all ingredients in small batches. We keep a foil pan on the cooler side of the grill and, as ingredients are "just done", we move to the foil pan to stay warm. Warning - a crowd WILL gather here with forks ready!

We occasionally add shrimp but have found it best to cook in a separate small cast iron skillet to avoid transfer of flavor for those who don't care for the shrimp flavor. We have made these for as many as 150 at a family reunion and a wedding rehearsal dinner - best to use two grills if cooking for this many (one for actually cooking and one for warming/serving).

Craig - Friend of TRK!

To see the post on my new site, please go to Craig's UnKabobs



 

No comments: