Wednesday, March 12, 2014

White Chocolate Banana Pudding

 
 
 
Oh my!  Spring break and all I can think about is food, food, and more food! Work keeps me grounded and away from the pantry, but this home all day stuff makes me think of what to cook next and EAT!  But thank God for the rest, time at home and time with my girls!  It truly is well needed this year.
 
Being overly industrious over my spring break and trying to use up some instant pudding packages I have had for over a year in my pantry, I created this easy White Chocolate Banana Pudding.  This dessert was a little overkill after the huge pot roast I made on Sunday, so we didn't eat it until Monday! 
 
The pudding actually was sugar free, but with the addition of sweetened condensed milk, I think I cancelled out any diabetics eating this!  Sorry!  Just make this your one sweet exception when your sugar level is a bit low!
 
 
White Chocolate Banana Pudding
 
2 packages White Chocolate Pudding, prepared according to package directions
2 cups milk (to make pudding with)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 box Vanilla Wafers
6 - 8 bananas cut into 1/2 inch rounds
 
Prepare White Chocolate Pudding with milk according to package directions.  Once pudding is made, add the one can of sweetened condensed milk and mix well with your blender.  Prepare bananas and set aside.
 
In a glass trifle bowl or dish begin by layering bananas, then pudding, then a row of vanilla wafers.  Repeat all three layers again ending with remaining vanilla wafers. 
 
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for an hour or two in your refrigerator and cut into squares or spoon out in large rounds.  This will keep for at least 4 - 5 days in refrigerator.
 
I think the addition of sweetened condensed milk made this banana pudding especially good!
 
Enjoy!
 
Alise @ The Ranch Kitchen
 



No comments: