Sunday, February 20, 2011

Asapragus with Herb Feta Cheese



2 - 8 ounce cans of asparagus
1 cup Herb Feta Cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup water
salt to season (just a pinch)

Directions:

Sometimes the best dishes just happen.  That was the case with my asparagus with Herb Feta cheese.  One night as I opened yet another can of asparagus to warm up on the stove.  I remembered my Feta cheese with herbs that I had in my cheese bin in the refrigerator.  I took two cans and drained the water out.  In an oblong casserole dish, just big enough for my asparagus I was cooking, I placed the asparagus, 1/4 cup of fresh water, two teaspoons of butter, salt, and sprinkled 1 cup of Herb Feta Cheese on top.  This was all baked at 375 degrees uncovered for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.  Remember if you have a convection oven to check this frequently and remove from the over when the Feta is softened and the asparagus is warmed through. 

This dish is simple, fast, and easy....and taste like it came out of a great steak house.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. 

No comments: