Monday, December 29, 2014

The Ranch Kitchen's Lasagna


Lasagna is one of those meals you can feed a crowd and for sure have a few leftovers from.  Last night we fixed this easy Italian dish that my youngest daughter wanted to cook.

It's a pretty standard lasagna recipe with a pre-made spaghetti sauce that made even better with the beef from our ranch.  In my younger years I made my own homemade spaghetti sauce, but for ease and quicker meals I enjoy my Ragu and Hunt's 4 Cheese variety meat sauces now a whole lot more!  My dad tells me my spaghetti is the best and I tell him it's truly because of the home grown Certified Hereford Beef we use from our ranch that makes the difference.

You can also use ground pork instead of beef as we do this from time to time. 

We served this with my The Ranch Kitchen's Italian Green Beans, a side salad with bacon and garlic toast. 
 
 

Click here for the recipe for The Ranch Kitchen's Lasagna

 
Audrey browning hamburger meat in the pan.
 
So proud she likes to cook!
 
Can of tomatoes already added and first layer of lasagna noodles...then first layer of 1/3 meat sauce.
 
Ricotta Cheese being added.
 
Second layer of lasagna noodles going on.
 
About 4 to 5 layers of lasagna noodles...this picture is minus two more noodles.  Notice they are not cooked. 
 
Audrey perfecting her method.
 
You need a pretty big casserole dish to make lasanga. 
 
Last 1/2 layer of Ricotta Cheese. 
 
Spreading on the Ricotta is not easy and gets a little messy...but no one knows the difference!
 
Last layer of spaghetti meat sauce is added.  Next add foil and cook on 400 for one hour.
 
 
Ricotta Cheese is a must when making lasagna.  I like the Frigo brand best..but they are all good.
 
Sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese this dish is ready to eat.









Enjoy!  Alise - The Ranch Kitchen


 

No comments: