Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mexi Corn


 
Before we know it side dishes can get pretty boring on a weeknight meal.  To liven our corn up the other night I added 1/4 cup of La Costena Green Mexican Salsa or Salsa Verde. 
 
Yes, it was simple,easy and wonderful! I used one can of corn and 1/4 cup of the wonderful green Salsa Verde that we usually eat along side purple hull peas or tortilla chips, and presto, boring corn was a hit!  Give it a try! 

 
The Ranch Kitchen's Mexi Corn
 
1 can of whole kernel corn or frozen corn, thawed ( 1 1/2 to 2 cups), not drained
1/4 cup Salsa Verde or La Costena Green Mexican Salsa
 
In one can of whole kernel corn or from frozen, thawed corn, pour 1/4 cup of Salsa Verde and bring a low boil and simmer for twenty minutes. Depending on your tolerance for spicy foods, adjust the Salsa Verde to your taste.
 
Serve and enjoy!

Alise @ The Ranch Kitchen
 

 
 


2 comments:

A Kansas Farm Mom said...

I just found your blog through Instagram and I am so excited to find another Agvocate Food blogger!! I can't wait to have enough time to try out some new recipes from your site. You might be interested in joining our new Country Fair Blog Party where you can link up 1-3 blog posts and maybe find a new blogging friend or 2. Have a fabulous week! http://talesofakansasfarmmom.blogspot.com/2014/04/country-fair-blog-party-6.html

The Ranch Kitchen said...

Thank you so much! I will most certainly join your group and look forward to finding other bloggers as passionate about agriculture as we are! One of my favorite friends in from Kansas and we met over a show barn cattle divider about recipes we made for our kids at a jr. national show. Friendship going on ten plus years now. Thanks for checking out my blog. It has become a real joy in my life!