Sunday, November 17, 2013

Candy Corn Trash



Fall is my favorite time of the year. My favorite foods like sweet potatoes or yams as we call them are seasonal during this time of the year and I love fall desserts most of all!  

The other day as I was observing a teacher friend in her great classroom, I spied a good looking dessert!  It took all my will power not to dive into the bowl and continue watching her teach!  It was healthy, with just the right amount of chocolate and had my fall favorite candy corn candy mixed in it.  Have I told you how much I love candy corn...especially candy pumpkin corn?!! Well it's my favorite!  It's ALL over my house in little crystal bowls so I can snack on it throughout the season!

Later in the day, I shot this picture off my cell phone and asked for the recipe from another fellow teacher friend.  It's so easy she said! And it is...but that doesn't mean it's not good! I love cooking that isn't hard!

Come to find out its a 'dump recipe', meaning you throw in a little if this and a little of that and presto you have a fun, visually appealing dessert anyone would love!!  With that said, any combination of nuts or other candies would be great in this!  And if you can not find the popcorn described below, make your own and drizzle melted chocolate over the top of it before mixing with the other ingredients.

Thanks Nedra for the recipe and Gail for setting it in front of me!  I'm already planning how I will make this festive at Christmas!


Candy Corn Trash

Indiana Black and White Pop Corn (this batch was bought at a local Sam's Club and has chocolate on it)  
1 - 2 cups (1 bag) of Candy Corn
Fall colored M&M's
Reese's Peanut Butter M&M's

Mix all 4 bags together and enjoy! 


Happy Fall!

Alise

No comments: