Saturday, April 21, 2012

Disney World Flowers



Disney World Flowers!


They say there are a few times of the year that everyone should go to Disney World; spring break, fall, and before Christmas.  Recently we chose spring break and decided that we will NEVER brave the hot weather in central Florida again.  To say the weather was perfect is an understatement.  It was refreshing to say the least.  Coming from my part of Texas, my family knows first hand about humidity...spring break was a very welcome break!

Besides being with my family while at Disney World, the flowers borders, pots, and hanging baskets are what draw me the most.  I am an avid gardener....really pretty obsessed with it.  My two oldest daughters were subjected to many weekends on road trips to nurseries to get my trailer load of bedding plants for my yard each year...they said they hate it...but now they will both have graduated or will graduate with minors in horticulture from A&M.   I told them that it is all my fault! 

My husband, who has gotten the bug as well, is really into our vegetable garden and loved, loved Epcot's 'The Land; exhibit of hydroponic gardens.  My daughter's enjoyed the butterfly garden the most while there.  And I just wondered over the many collections of flowers like the Italy section of Epcot's World showcase picture with the life size Pluto and the mass of flowering pots below. 

Here are some pictures that I got inspiration from.  This was our 3rd trip and we plan on going many more times.  If you go make sure you follow the book, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, with it's day plans for each park.  It's invaluable and I have used it each time over the last 16 years. 


Hydroponics at The Land Pavilion at Epcot. 
Stitch Garden
Butterfly garden!


These topiary's like Daisy Duck were just precious!









My oldest and the hanging basket in the back

Hanging basket up close! Notice the o'rings that allow them to twirl without getting hung up. Disney has genius at every turn with their flowers.



Sweet potatoes grown on a trellis - genius.

Just inspirational...can I make my back porch look like this?
I loved these mixed containers!


I hope you enjoy these pictures of the flowers at Disney World and Epcot.  They are forever inspiring to do more in my own ranch gardens.

Alise

No comments: