Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Ranch Kitchen's Creamy Salsa Dip

It's crunch time...someone has asked me to dinner last minute and I need a quick, easy, and yummy recipe that will be a people pleaser!  I have my chips and salsa...but that's too easy.  So I look...I have cream cheese, but no sour cream...what to do?  I make up the cold dip recipe that I share with you today - The Ranch Kitchen's Creamy Salsa Dip.  It has three of my favorite ingredients, cream cheese, salsa, and ranch dip powdered mix!  I am good to go!


Years ago, in my early 20's we used every excuse to get together with friends.  Today it's a little harder with all our cattle shows and daughters in or preparing for college, but I remember how much fun we always had.  We'd get together after football games with our young kids all in their pajamas as they played and ran all through my house.  Then  the 'adults'...seems funny to call 20 something years old adults...would visit!  All of the young women were budding cooks and we really enjoyed showing off our newest recipe from either a new cookbook we found or our mom's tried and true ones.  We didn't have Google back then or the wonderful cooking sites and blogs now available to browse to find just the right recipe.  A lot of the time we improvised and made something from what we had on hand, just like I have done for you today.  This recipe is similar to my Shalise Dip that my old friend Shelli and I made up years ago!  God only knows where we found it...but it's close to my recipe below, you just substitute the Ranch Dressing powdered dip mix with French Onion Mix.   You could also make a less calorie version by substituting light cream cheese for the regular cream cheese.   I have often thought about putting a couple of drops of red food coloring in this to see if the color could be a deeper red...but I like the color just fine! 


I hope you enjoy this as much as I have over the years.  It's great at a baby shower also for a girl or a boy and I actually enjoy ridged potato chips over the baked corn variety better with this dip.


Get cooking!


The Ranch Kitchen's Creamy Salsa Dip


  • 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese





  • 8 ounces, fluid Picante Sauce





  • 1 package Ranch Dip Powdered Mix, 1 Ounce Packet





  • Allow cream cheese to soften slightly. Add the Picante sauce and ranch dip powdered mix. Using a blender or a spoon, blend everything together and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!

    ***If you do not care for the color, add a drop or two of red food coloring.  You may also use a package of French Onion Dip Mix instead of the Ranch Dip Mix.  Enjoy!

    1 comment:

    Kay Brasher said...

    Sounds good, Alise! I have made this with cream cheese & a jar of Albert's, but not with ranch or onion mix added. Going to try! Thanks for posting all your good recipes & blogs! I enjoy!