Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Ranch Kitchen's Salmon Marinade



It's Spring Break...in the USA that means school is out for a week and the kids and teachers like me are very excited! This week I plan to clean my house (long overdue), eat too much, cook too much, travel, and enjoy being with my family and friends!  One of my go to dishes that we all enjoy so much is baked salmon with my marinade that I will share with you today.  To say it is easy to make is an understatement...to say it is good is not giving it enough praise. 

My dad who is heart healthy cooks salmon at least 2 times a week.  While I don't cook it that often, we cook it at least once a month.  Make sure your salmon has a good smell to it and doesn't have that fishy smell.  Also make sure it is firm to the touch and not too sticky. 




The Ranch Kitchen's Salmon Marinade

1 side salmon - about one half a medium sized salmon or enought to feed 8 people
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 tbsp. melted butter or oleo
3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice or 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning
2 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Mix seasonings with butter, soy sauce and water.  Put salmon and marinade in a gallon size Ziploc bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Place salmon scales side down on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil or foil slightly greased with oil.   Reserve salmon marinade in the bag to be spooned over the fish in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Cook on 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until salmon when forked breaks apart easily.  Serve with my Asparagus with Herbed Feta Cheese (listed on this blog site), a salad, garlic bread, iced tea and you have a light, delicious meal!

Promise you will absolutely love this and fix it often!  It's my Bethany's favorite meal and we usually fix it for her birthday!

Get cooking and happy spring break!

Alise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to say, a marinade containing salmon is a first for me. I'm going to try this out to satisfy my curiosity.